The historic Lincoln County Courthouse was
built in 1915. Although it had been dutifully maintained, 80
years of weather and constant use had taken its toll. In
1993, the decision was made to refurbish it.
Many problems had to be resolved in the
renovation of this facility. They included roof leaks,
inadequate HVAC and electrical systems, as well as
settlement issues and as was normally the case, the
courtroom was located on the second floor
without handicap access.
The overall approach was one of prudent
restoration of the building attempting to keep the original
design intact while introducing barrier free design
throughout the facility.
The renovation was completed under a
single contract. The owner maintained partial occupancy of
the building during the entire construction process.